Friday, October 9, 2009

The first few weeks of the new semester

Well, time has been flying by. It is the fifth week of mark's second semester and the first week of mine. Mark just took his first exam of the semester and is off to a good start. This semester has been a little more challenging but he is pushing through. My professors this semester are totally different. The one is just crazy, and I mean that in the nicest way possible, but he is crazy. I have a 10 page paper due next week (2nd week of class) on chapters that are not even assigned yet. ( i think he is confused but nobody asked me.)

I haven't been taking as many trips as when I first got here, believe it or not I am a little burnt out. I did try a different beach last week with a group of girls called Mero Beach. It was more "Americanized" in the sense that is had chairs on the beach but you had to pay to use them. Now, in the states you would have nice chairs but these were hard plastic chairs that were not worth the money but I was still excited to see them.

It is rainy season here but has been pretty calm so far. The last few days the rain has picked up a bit more. It is a welcome break from the hot sun, that is until after its done raining then it is twice as hot and the humidity is double. Occasionally there is a "cool" night and we take full advantage- mason actually gets a walk on those nights... poor doggy, its too hot otherwise. Although I am enjoying a few cool nights, the rainy season brings muddy water that comes out of the pipes. It is somewhat disturbing to wash dishes in dirty water.... still not sure I can adjust to that one. The good side of rainy season is INCREDIBLE sunsets. I will take some pictures in the upcoming days to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment